All positions are subject to Security Clearance Vetting.
DGA are always searching for new members of staff with a passion for engineering and interest in providing protection through design. We are also able to offer a variety of undergraduate opportunities through placements and paid internships.
If you are interested in working for us, or wish to find out more about placement opportunities, then please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
JOB POSITION: CIVIL / STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
DGA are currently looking for an engineer with some understanding of structures under dynamic loading to join their growing team. Candidates will be considered from both a civil and structural background. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Production of engineering design deliverables (assessment calculations and technical reports) to meet clients objective in reaching a design solution
- Checking of design deliverables and engineering drawings
- Liaising with other team members to provide a co-ordinated design solution
- Background in structures
- Degree qualified, preferably with a Masters
- Chartered Membership of a Professional body or progressing toward Chartered Engineer status
- Good knowledge of Structural Eurocodes
- Experience with design and detailing of reinforced concrete and structural steel is desirable
- A commercial awareness
- Good communication skills and problem solving abilities
- Good time management and flexible approach
- Good standard of written English
Due to location of business the candidate will need to have willingness to relocate and access to their own transport.
Package for the right person will include competitive salary, enhanced holiday entitlement, company pension, paid subscriptions to professional memberships and option to join health scheme in the future.
All DGA positions are subject to Security Clearance Vetting.