Dynamic assessments can be undertaken using first principles or recognised software packages, depending on the complexity of the problem. Generally single degree of freedom analyses will provide a suitable solution, however in some case it is more appropriate to apply Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques to model the response of steel, aluminium, concrete, glass and composite materials.
Our current FEA capabilities include:
- Static and transient elastic and nonlinear analysis
- Steady state and transient thermal analysis
- Explicit Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI)
- CFD / Hydrocode modelling
- Blast wave simulation
- Numerical Modelling
- Bespoke multi degree of freedom dynamic analysis of structures
- Testing to provide suitable materials data
We can also accurately determine blast parameters acting on your structures, streetscapes, or area of interest, using hydrocodes (such as Autodyn ™ or Air3D).