A unique opportunity to combine theoretical studies with practical demonstrations.
28th – 31st October 2019
It is an unfortunate truth of our modern world that there is a need to protect personnel from the hazards of explosive or ballistic attacks. This four-day course provides an introduction to the techniques required to design buildings to protect their occupants from blast or ballistic hazards resulting from either terrorist attack or accidental explosion.
- Introduction to the principles of blast and ballistic design
- Blast design for structures constructed from concrete, steel, aluminium and glass
- Use of dynamic design tools ranging from design guides to complex finite element modelling
- Design of structures to resist ballistic threats including fragmentation and small arms
- Blast and ballistic testing of components
- Practical demonstrations of explosive and ballistic effects.
This course combines classroom sessions, workshops and practical demonstrations of explosive and ballistic effects. This considerably enhances the learning experience for the participants.
The course will be presented by experienced trainers from D.J. Goode & Associates Ltd. and DNV GL at the DGA Offices at Lavenham Airfield.
The Cost of the Course is £3,250 + VAT including lunch and all training materials.